Friday, September 23, 2011

Zentrification Begins


Today I begin a ten week training program through Pure Yoga teacher training at the Equinox club in downtown Boston.  I've been practicing yoga for about four years now but only recently started a more intensive practice. When the opportunity presented itself to join a teacher training program, I went for it. I've joined as an "Apprentice" rather than just a straight up trainee, this means I work closer with the instructors, demonstrate poses in class, and help with set up and clean up of the room. In exchange for extra work, I pay half the tuition for the program. Sweet deal!

While I'm super excited to start, I really don't know what to expect. Will the trainees want to go for a beer to rehash class? Or will it be more of a chia seed, spirulina crowd, horrified by my pizza eating, cocktail having ways? It sort of feels like a "first day of school" for me. Will I be the oldest in the class? The youngest? Biggest? Smallest? Will they all be more advanced than me? Will I be able to typecast everyone just like in high school? WHAT WILL HAPPEN ZOMG!
Look it's me! JK, this is TOTALLY not me! (yet...?)

If I'm not too sore to type, I'll let you know all the details from now until just before Christmas.
~Yours in Comfy Yoga Clothes

1 comment: